The Chemise is Finished!

I finally finished hand-sewing my Regency chemise last week. Yippee! What a relief! It really wasn't that difficult. It was just time consuming, and I feel pretty darn proud of myself for entirely hand-sewing it!

Chemise - Ungathered neckline

Chemise - gathered neckline


A close up of some of my "lovely" stitching.
I can definitely say my hand stitching has improved during this project!


I don't think I technically can stick it with this Historical Sew Fortnightly challenge, but I will anyway. :-)


The Challenge: Peasants & Pioneers
Fabric: white 50/50 linen-cotton blend
Pattern: Sensibility Patterns
Year: early 19th century - Regency
Notions: cotton thread, twisted cotton cording
How historically accurate is it? Not sure. I think it's pretty close. 95% maybe? 
Hours to complete: 12-14 hours? I'm not exactly sure, but it definitely took a long time!
First worn: Not yet.
Total cost: Maybe about $20 for fabric, thread, and cording


My next chemise or two will be out of 100% cotton. But I liked the feel of the linen and was happy with how it turned out. 

Comments

  1. Wow, your chemise looks fabulous! (I just followed your link here from your post about your mystery undergarment on the S&S site - LOVE your blog!)

    I am so impressed you handsewed it completely. I almost always wimp out and use some machine stitching on my projects. Fantastic workmanship!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Believe me, I was tempted to just whip it out on the sewing machine, but I stayed the course and I am so glad I did. But it's kind of shame no one will see it! haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! I love hearing your feedback!

Popular posts from this blog

Vintage Banana Tuesday: Day 21 - Banana Boats

Success!

Book Giveaway!